Do you remember how eagerly you wanted to grow up as a child? What we thought ‘Growing Up’ was really like vs. how is it now?
If you said YES, you have a great memory, and you were like every other kid with so many dreams that you had to daydream to analyze them thoroughly.
Adulthood was something ‘spectacular’ to us, which was obviously beyond our bounds at the time. Every kid had an idea of what they wanted to do once they grew up, regardless of how absurd that idea was.
Kid’s discussions did and still go something like this:
Once I grow up, I’ll sleep way past my bedtime, or once I grow up, I’ll eat pizza every day.”
Oh, only if my metabolism allowed that! 😄
Anyway, I wouldn’t be wrong if I said that each kid just wishes to grow up as soon as possible because for innocent minds of children, growing up is something magical.
So How Did Our Greatest Desire As a Child Rack Up to Reality?
What We Thought ‘GROWING UP’ was Really Like!!
- The thought of growing up from a child’s perspective can be summarized in two words: Endless Possibilities.
Each child is blessed with a vivid imagination, and they believe that all of their planted desires will come to fruition in adulthood.
As a child, I literally thought I would be the coolest person ever once I grew up. I mean, I am, just not on par with my childhood expectations.
Inevitably, we end up in a school where we have to decide our fate or, at the very least, our career. Most children think of doing a certain job, not the ones we tell our relatives, but in which we are genuinely interested.
Each and every moment of being a child is full of excitement and no worries about the future.
How is it NOW?
The time you have been waiting for has finally arrived!
👉🏻 We grew up!
👉🏻 We are free!
(And we are not as excited).
Despite all the impatience waiting, we finally grew up; however, it was not as amazing as we thought it would be.
Within our imagination of adulthood, we never considered the bounds of society to stop us, but it is a limiting factor, and most of our decisions are based on others.
Finances were something we could never comprehend because even the smallest amount of money was sufficient. Now, no amount of money is enough.
As for the jobs we wanted to do, most of us end up choosing a different career altogether due to endless hurdles in the path, or some just never seem to decide what they want to do.
Although many shows and movies focus on just that, none have achieved to portray it better than the movie, 3 Idiots.
Is it Really Bad?
While it may sound like I am bashing adulthood for being all gloomy and boring, the reality is that growing up teaches us some invaluable things: patience and rationalization.
Yes, growing up and being a grown-up are two very different things, but the process it’s all worth it.
- Why Just LOVE on Valentine’s Day?
- Easy Sarvangana Asana for Healthier Mind, Body, and Soul
- How it feels to be anxious? Symptoms, Types, and Solutions
- Best Fashionable Masks in India to Try NOW!
- 10 Essentials for CALM MIND during COVID-19
- Best Routine for a Healthy Life – 9 Ways to Soothe Your Mind, Body, and Soul
- How to be happy inside out? Things That I have Learnt in my Life
- How to make your partner feel special – The right way!
- Feeling of dissatisfaction in Life – A Vicious Cycle that Wrecks!
- Rat Race in Office – When will you stop running this race?
- 9 Love Making Tips – How to spice up your relationship?